Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Ever Wonder The Difference Between French & Regular Vanilla?


About a month ago I found a website on how to make homemade vanilla extract. I've learned so much from that website and it has also inspired me in many ways. I knew there were different kinds of vanilla, but I've never really wondered about french vanilla being any diffderent. A few nights ago I looked online and found out.

There's not any difference! For the most part anyway. The only difference I've found is in ice cream and perfume. In vanilla ice cream it starts as a cream and french vanilla begins as a custard. The perfume is similar, being that vanilla is mixed with floral or fruity notes while french vanilla is without the other notes.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Shannon! I know it has been a while since you blogged, but I would love to see what kind of cookies you have been making lately!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to see you blogging also.

    ReplyDelete